December Wellness Calendar
Lunch and Learn – The Power of Positive Thinking
Wednesday, December 9 • 12:00pm – 1:00pm
This session kicks off a 3 month series on emotional resilience and mental well-being. Did you know that your thoughts can affect the way your mental wellness and how you approach your life? Positive thinking fosters self-acceptance, self-efficacy and impacts how we perform at work. Join Amy Deacon from Cleveland Clinic Canada’s Psychology team to learn more about how positive thinking can help with stress management and improve overall health. Register here and learn more on the myB Tenant app
Weekly Health Tips • Wednesdays
Achieving better health has never been easier thanks to our wellness partners at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Get expert tips on topics such as nutrition, stress, sleep, fitness, heart health and injury prevention every week on the App. Access the health tips on the myB Tenant App, Bay Wellington Tower Channel.
Live Stream Yoga Classes
Tuesdays & Thursdays • 12:30pm – 1:00pm
Join us for a series of complimentary classes from the comfort of your own home. The LIVE stream yoga classes will be led by Naturally Nora. These sessions are geared towards all levels. All you need is yoga mat. Just find a comfortable place in your home and use your smartphone or computer to stream the sessions. Access the yoga sessions on the myB Tenant App, Bay Wellington Tower Channel.
Practice Yoga Online Anytime!
Continue your practice from anywhere at any time! Our resident yoga instructor, Naturally Nora has pre-recorded three, all levels yoga videos that can be accessed through her YouTube channel. Flow with Nora at any time and choose between a variety of class options depending on how you are feeling that day. Namaste.
30-minute Restorative Yoga Flow Class – ALL LEVELS
A slower paced, restorative yoga flow class that gently moves you through hip and shoulder openers to relieve stiff and sticky joints.
40-minute Rejuvenating Yoga Flow Class – ALL LEVELS
This practice will cultivate heat in the body and keep your mind focused on your breath and body as you move through the sequence. Towards the end you will feel a calmness throughout the nervous system, allowing you to ultimately relax the mind.
60-minute Vinyasa Power Flow Class – ALL LEVELS
An all levels power flow class to challenge the body and stimulate the muscles. It begins with breath work to help settle the mind and tune into the body. The remainder of the class helps you generate heat and sweat while emphasizing work on the core and lower body.
Access the video links on the myB Tenant app, Bay Wellington Tower Channel.
PROTECT YOUR HEALTH
Express Care® Online – Special Rate for Brookfield Tenants
Skip the waiting room. The Express Care® Online app allows you or your loved ones to get a diagnosis and prescription virtually, from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection. On-demand appointments are available 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm. Whether you have the flu, allergies or are worried about COVID-19 symptoms, Cleveland Clinic Canada can help. Visit their e-shop and use promo code BKFDPLCE to receive $50 off the membership rate.
Expert tips for staying happy, healthy and safe this holiday season
The daily habits that keep you feeling good all year, like regular exercise, sound sleep, and nourishing meals, can slip away during the holiday season. And this year, we have the added stress of a global pandemic to contend with. But with a little extra effort, you can still enjoy this season safely – and joyously. Try these tips;
• Eat the rainbow- Eating nourishing foods rich in certain vitamins can help your immune system fight off illness. Aim to eat fruit and vegetables from every color of the rainbow. This will ensure that you’re getting as many health-boosting vitamins and nutrients as possible.
• Practice gratitude- Practicing gratitude is a good antidote for stress. In studies, burned-out healthcare workers who performed acts of gratitude — such as remembering three good things or writing gratitude letters — reported positive effects on their well-being after a few weeks.
• Don’t forget to exercise- There’s a reason why you feel amazing after a workout. Physical exercise helps your energy by releasing endorphins, giving you more, lasting energy throughout your day. Even 10 minutes a day has been shown to have benefits for your overall health.
• Take a fresh air break (safely)- Sometimes the weather doesn’t cooperate and the last thing you want to do is walk outside when it’s snowing or windy, but don’t let cold weather deter you. You can often walk comfortably by dressing right: Start with a sweat-wicking layer next to your body, add insulating layers for warmth, and top them off with a waterproof shell.
• Stick with online shopping options, whenever possible- By doing your holiday shopping this way, you’re keeping your risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other seasonal illnesses much, much lower.
• Stay safe in store- Decrease your chances of getting sick while you shop for groceries or gifts by wiping down your credit cards after using them, washing your hands as much as possible and using an alcohol-based hand sanitizers as a secondary option to soap and water.
• Make time for meditation- Meditation can be as simple and doable as sitting in a comfortable position for five minutes with your eyes closed, using your breath as an anchor, and noticing your thoughts without judgment.
• Hit the hay- Do you sleep a solid seven or eight hours most nights? Many of us don’t but experts say this is a marker of good heart health. Try to head to bed ½ hour earlier than your usual time. Turn off your phone (we promise you won’t miss anything!) and wind down with a book.
• Help the less fortunate- That warm and fuzzy feeling you get from helping others is actually good for you. Health benefits associated with giving can include lower blood pressure, increased self-esteem, less depression, lower stress levels, longer life and greater happiness and satisfaction.
Schedule a Virtual Visit
Getting the care you need has never been easier. Schedule a virtual visit for Cleveland Clinic Canada services including nutrition, personal training, sports medicine, foot care, sports rehabilitation and Executive Health. Browse your virtual care options and purchase online today
Kudos to you for prioritizing your health!
PLEASE NOTE: These wellness activities are complimentary and exclusive to tenants of Brookfield Place. Dates and times are subject to change without notice. Brookfield Place and Cleveland Clinic Canada reserve the right to cancel if minimum registration is not achieved.