Live Stream Fitness Classes: Strengthen & Stretch
Wednesdays • 12:30pm – 1:00pm
Join us for complimentary live stream fitness classes in partnership with Cleveland Clinic Canada. Led by Cleveland Clinic Canada’s Faiza Abdullah, these30-minute, full-body sessionsuse Pilates-based floor exercises tohelp improve your strength, flexibility, posture,and balance. Faiza is a Clinical Exercise Physiologist and certified Stott Pilates instructor. She believes movement is a pillar of health and uses exercise as a way to help people manage and prevent chronic conditions.All levels are welcome,and you only need a yoga mat. Just find a comfortable place in your home and use your smartphone or computer to stream the sessions.
Access the registration through axiis, Bay Wellington Tower Channel.
PROTECT YOUR HEALTH
A Fireside Chat with Dr. Zubina Mawji
Thursday, March 11 • 1:00pm – 2:00pm
In support of International Women’s Day, join us for a virtual fireside chat with Cleveland Clinic Canada Physician Dr. Zubina Mawji. As a specialist in women’s health, Dr. Mawji will be sharing her insights on the unique health challenges facing women, including perimenopausal changes and symptoms, bone health, osteoporosis, menstrual issues, and more. She will also explore the impact that the pandemic has had on women, and how we can make more time for ourselves while taking care of others.
Access the registration and submit your questions in advance through axiis, Bay Wellington Tower Channel.
Weekly Health Tips • Wednesdays
Achieving better health has never been easier thanks to our wellness partners at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Get expert tips on topics such as nutrition, stress, sleep, fitness, heart health and injury prevention every week on the App.
Access the health tips on axiis, Bay Wellington Tower Channel.
Need a mental health boost?
Watch these recordings from our winter mental health series and see how you can strengthen your mental well-being to effectively manage the emotional ups and downs as the pandemic stretches on.
• Practicing Self-Compassion
• Strengthening our Resilience
• Power of Positivity
Need to talk to a clinician? There is an app for that.
Express Care® Online
Exclusive Offer for Brookfield Place Tenants
Skip the waiting room. The Express Care® Online app allows you or your loved ones to get a diagnosis and prescription virtually, from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection. On-demand appointments are available 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (EST). Whether you have the flu, allergies or are worried about COVID-19 symptoms, Cleveland Clinic Canada can help. Click here and use promo code BKFDPLCE to receive $50 off the membership rate.
How to beat burnout in your career.
A healthy dose of pressure at work can give you fuel — and make you even better at what you do. Job-related burnout, on the other hand, empties you out and kills your motivation. If it lingers too long, it also can negatively affect your feelings about life. The good news is you can take steps to reverse job burnout.
Try these expert strategies to fight burnout:
• Establish good self-care: Maintain healthy habits such as exercise, nutrition and interpersonal connections. Limit the use of quick fixes such as alcohol, nicotine or drug use.
• Set healthy limits: Find a way to manage expectations in your workplace so that you don’t become overextended.
• Keep a healthy pace: Strive to get into the flow of your work, and take periodic breaks.
• Develop a mindfulness practice: Rehearse being aware of the present moment, rather than getting into thoughts about the future or past in a way that escalates tension.
• Take breaks from electronic devices: Do this at predetermined intervals so that you are not “always on.”
• Attach your work efforts to something you value: Notice how your work makes something in the world, the culture, or in other people’s lives better.
• Be yourself. Do what you can to reduce the strain of having to project some image that is not authentic.
Kudos to you for prioritizing your health!
PLEASE NOTE: These wellness activities are complimentary and exclusive to tenants of Brookfield Place. Dates and times are subject to change without notice. Brookfield Place and Cleveland Clinic Canada reserve the right to cancel if minimum registration is not achieved.